Nutrition Talks Ireland
Alicia Treanor, general Manager at Nutrisnax delivers an educational and informative nutritional talk on the importance of a healthy diet. Her education and training skills are second to none when it comes to best practices of a balanced diet. Alicia has developed her own new and innovative training demonstrations to help make complex issues such as excess sugar consumption easy for everyone to understand.
Our ethos at Nutrisnax and our nutrition talks Ireland are aimed at promoting the consumption of natural wholesome foods which lead to longevity and a better quality of life. As leading school lunch providers in Ireland we offer nutrition talks to help better educate our children on the importance of healthy eating.
Most adults and children eat more sugar than is recommended as part of a healthy balanced diet. As our nutrition talks Ireland will point out eating healthy snacks with no added sugars or artificial ingredients plays a key role in maintaining a healthier lifestyle for everyone.
How to cut down on sugar in your diet
Discover our easy to implement steps to help you reduce the amount of sugary foods you consume throughout each day.
Top 10 sources of sugar in our diet
From our recent survey find out the top 10 foods with added sugars you should try and avoid if you want to stay healthy.
How to manage your calorie intake
Find out how to lose weight just by managing your calorie intake and how to balance the energy we put into our bodies.
Food Labels – what to look out for
Always keep an eye on nutrition labels and watch out for certain foods that are high in fat, salt and have added sugars.
Health & Nutritional Values
These wholesome ingredients have been carefully selected and combined to create a delicious light toasted cereal breakfast and lunch and the new range of NutriSnax biscuits are designed to enhance health in abundance. Not only will Nutri-Snax products keep away hunger for longer, they assist weight loss by eliminating the urge to snack on junk food.
NutriSnax foods provide many essential vitamins and minerals to promote health and vitality.
- Cholesterol lowering agent.
- Controls blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Contain photochemical which reduce cancer risks.
- Aids reduction in hypertension and high blood pressure.
- Keeps you fuller for longer so aids weight control.
- Good source of carbohydrates.
- High concentration of protein.
- Contain essential fatty acids.
- Best amino acid profile of any grain.
- Contains beta glucan which aids fast healing.
- Contains thiamine, folic acid, biotin, Vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, iron,
manganese and magnesium.
- High in antioxidants which fight stress.
- High in protein.
- Anti viral, Anti fungal, Anti bacterial.
- Increases vitamin and mineral absorption
- Aids digestion ( heals bloating, gas, diarrhoea).
- Prevents simple goiter because of organic iodine content.
- Prevents constipation.
- Contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin C, Calcium,Iron,
- ‘Considered one of the Top 10 healthicstfoods’
- Lowers cholesterol and promotes heart health.
- Omega 3 fafiy acids – lowers blood pressure and elevates mood.
- Contains Fibre.
- Especially rich in Vitamin E.
- Fights against muscular disorders.
- Improves reflexes
- Adjusts the body during stress.
- Fights cancers.
- Prevents constipation.
- Packed with protein.
- Improves digestion.
- Can help stop strokes.
- Contains around 24 nutrients.
- High in Fibre
- High in Protein
- Reduces risk of cancers and diabetes
- Cholesterol and fat free
- Contains iron, magnesium, phosphorous,, thiamine, niacin, folate, riboflavin, vitamin
- Containt Sesamin sesamolin – reduce cholesterol and prevent high blood pressure.
- Sesamin protects liver from oxidative damage
- Rich in Calcium.
- Contains manganese, copper, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, Vitamin Bl,Zinc, Fibre,
- Releases energy slowly
- Powerful immune system booster.
- Contains anti bacterial properties and antioxidants
- Kills bacteria which cause throat infections.
- Slows down ageing.
- Aids healing.
- Excellent for stomach and digestion.
- Natural carbohydrate for athletes.
- Can relieve seasonal allergies (due to pollen content)
- Supplies more vitamin E than any other vegetable oil
- Source ofessential fatty acids.
- High in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats’
consuming nuts at least once a day.’
- Second best source of Vitamin E after plant oils.
- Vitamin E essential for normal functioning of muscle tissue.
- Vitamin E essential for normal functioning of reproduction system.
- Vitamin E protects against anaemia.
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- Contains Vitamins B2, B6.
- Rich in Selenium – reduces cancer risks and heart disease.
- Promotes a healthy thyroid.
- High in unsaturated fat.
- Monounsaturated fat which benefit cholesterol levels.
- A complete protein.
- Contain more antioxidants than any other nut.
- Protects against cell damage
- Fights heart disease.
- Fights against Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and cancers.
- Rich in heart healthy fat.
- Rich in protein.
- Rich in Vitamin E and Calcium.
- Almonds lower the fise in blood sugar and insulin after eating.
- Provide double-barrelled protection against diabetes and eardiovascular disease.
- High in monoutrsaturated fat.
- Helps lower cholesterol.
- High in Vitamin E
- Protects against high blood pressure.
- Contains magnesium and potassium.
- Good source of energy
- Aids Child growth
- Cures diseases especially liver and kidney
- Cures inflammation and fever
- Contains Vitamin B1